A Thanksgiving Vow to Our Designers
Dear Communications and Marketing Professionals,
During this week of Thanksgiving, let’s take a moment to acknowledge some of the hardest working people in our department: our designers. Every day, we abuse them. And they (generally) take it with a smile. This week only, keep this list of much-hated phrases next to your computer and vow not to use them.
- Can you make the logo bigger?
- Can you “jazz up” this PowerPoint?
- I’m not sure what I want, but I’ll know it when I see it.
- I haven’t written the copy yet, but can you just get started and I’ll get it to you later.
- Can I get something really quick? It’ll only take a second.
- I have just one more change. I promise it’s the last one.
- Can we kill the white space?
- It’s not that blurry. Can’t you just Photoshop it?
- Do what you think will look best. I trust you.
- Low res? It looks okay on my screen.
- Something just doesn’t look right, but I’m not sure what.
- I want it to be similar but different.
- Can you make it look more caring?
- Just grab a stock photo of a doctor. Our doctors aren’t very attractive.
- Can’t you use the photo I took with my phone?
- Surely there’s some clip art that will work just fine. (See cool turkey.)
Have Our Thinking Delivered to Your Inbox »