INFLUENCING PUBLIC POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
Governing bodies and regulators at the local, state and federal levels determine the ever changing rules and regulations through which providers operate, and are healthcare’s biggest customer. Given all this, it’s no surprise that we’ve seen an evolution of the hospital government relations strategist role over the last 10 to 20 years. Government relations, is no longer confined to simply dealing with legislative or regulatory issues. The government relations team should play a role in the most significant areas of an organization, whether it’s laying the foundation or obtaining support for strategic partnerships, winning a CON for a new hospital or ambulatory center or working on payor relations. The team also should fight for reimbursements and regulations that will best position the organization. Strong government relations is viewed best as a strategic business function, responsible for playing a key leadership role in furthering a hospital or health system’s overall growth and business goals.
How We Help
- Build government relations programs from the ground up
- Assess or enhance an organization’s current government relations program
- Provide national benchmark data
- Develop umbrella communications platforms
- Engage stakeholders
- Set goals and establish measures of success
- Manage reputation building and strategic positioning
- Develop strategy and serve as campaign manager for specific issue campaigns
Influencing Public Policies and Regulations
Relationships between hospital administrators and state lawmakers will...
The value of a robust government relations effort...
Here are some uncomfortable hospital realities — check...
In one year, we’ll have a new president,...
by Magi Curtis | November 2015 During the past...