A healthcare communications
professional development course
Healthcare is an industry like no other. It’s increasingly complex and ever-changing. Healthcare communications leaders are being asked to share big idea with numerous stakeholders on a daily basis.
To help meet these unique challenges, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock developed a professional development program exclusively for healthcare communicators. Our courses are completely customizable and empower healthcare communicators to reach their maximum potential as they help the organizations they represent achieve strategic goals. Jarrard hosts annual boot camp trainings in their Nashville office or can bring the training to your team.
- Understand how communications drive a health system’s strategic goals
- Peer-to-peer learning to share best practices for reaching and engaging physicians, nurses and non-clinical team members
- Manage challenging healthcare issues such as medical errors, data breaches and change management
- Prepare for upcoming changes to the healthcare marketplace
Professional Development Courses
- Understand their personal style in order to work more effectively within a team
- Frame and navigate complex issues and crises
- Manage up
- Present information in compelling ways
- Build successful relationships with media
Meet The Instructors
Boot Camp courses are led by Jarrard Inc.’s robust team of former journalists, healthcare executives and political strategists. Some of our Boot Camp leaders are:
Nearly three decades of experience leading health system communications and marketing teams.
Four decades of health system communications and marketing experience at Saint Thomas Health, Ascension’s TN Ministry.
Corporate communications leader, most recently leading communications for Norton Healthcare.
Executive development leadership coach skilled in unlocking professional potential.
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing/communications leaders looking to grow professionally
- Experienced communications leaders new to the healthcare industry
- Emerging healthcare leaders desiring an understanding of communications
What Will Participants Gain?
- Skills to work effectively with others and lead projects
- Real-world healthcare experience from drills and sharing of best practices
- Confidence to use communications to help their health system achieve strategic goals
$3,500 for first participant; $3,250 for additional attendees from same organization.
Cost includes all courses, instructional materials, breakfasts and lunches.
Seating is Limited
Boot Camp is limited to 12 people to ensure participants get individual attention.
Questions? Call us at 888-844-6274 or email us at email@example.com.
Healthcare Communications Boot Camp Schedule
DAY 1 – AM
- Personal Style Awareness and Management
- How Communications Helps Drive Strategic Goals
- Presenting Information in Compelling Ways
DAY 2 – AM
- Direct Conversation Coaching
- Crisis Communications Planning
- Managing Up
DAY 3 – AM
- Drill III: Building Executive Confidence
- Creating Your Ideal Work Week
- Developing Your Professional Brand and Plan
DAY 1 – PM
- Drill I: Issues Management
- Complex Issue Navigation and Framing
- Best Practices and Peer-to-Peer Learning: Reaching Internal Audiences
DAY 2 – PM
- Drill II: Crisis Management
- Best Practices and Peer-to-Peer Learning: Community and Grassroots Engagement
- Advanced Media Training
DAY 3 – PM
- Future of Healthcare: Preparing your health system for what comes next