Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock is proud to serve the healthcare industry, with a mission to make healthcare better. We’re a strategic communications consulting firm devoted to helping healthcare leaders in the provider space succeed in high-stakes moments like the one we’re all living through, and we have helped leaders in more than 500 healthcare organizations across the country tackle the hard stuff.
Our firm is skilled in serving the unique needs and challenges of industry segments that include large, national health systems and academic medical centers, regional and community health systems and groundbreaking health services companies.
Jarrard is seeking a Copywriter, whose primary focus will be web and other digital writing for clients. This includes website landing page copy, blogs and online articles, contributing to compelling social media content on occasion and persuasive email copy. It’s important that this writer be proficient in the technical aspects of writing for SEO and optimization best practices.
Also critical is a knack for quickly learning an organization’s unique voice.
In addition to the client scope, the ideal candidate will support the firm’s marketing, thought leadership and business development efforts. Nimbleness, versatility and the ability to write comfortably for an array purposes and formats – from journalistic style to ad copy – is greatly appreciated, Knowledge of healthcare is preferred, but not essential.
The work requires a strong communications foundation, excellent writing skills and demonstrated project management experience in a similar role. The Copywriter will be a part of larger teams within Jarrard, so collaboration is a must. All our work is built on teamwork, so we’re looking for strong team players.
The Copywriter will report to Emme Baxter, VP of Content & Visibility, and work closely with the Digital Services Team and Growth Services Team.
- Handle direct client interaction, as part of a larger team, to understand client objectives on the onset of a project, as well as to share copy and work as part of the project flow
- Create and review your own work, ensuring the work is client-ready
- Ensure you understand the client’s audiences and end users, with smart questions
- Tailor the content and style of individual writing according to the client’s voice and overall brand style
- Identify key messages – working within an established Core Message Platform on most occasions, as well as contribute to the development of key messages in other situations
- Research the client and their audience for in-depth understanding of behaviors and motivators
- Develop persuasive and SEO-friendly copy for webpages, blogs and potentially social media, e-books, slogans, and video script
Internal Client Team Participation:
- Be a contributing and thoughtful member of the client team, engaging in team huddles and participating in project updates
- Work with creative teams to ensure that visual elements complement the words
- Edit your own and others’ writing – while being receptive to editing of your own work
- Work with your team to review the impact of your work
Marketing/Editorial Team Support:
- Assist with business pitches to win new clients or projects on occasion
- Assist with marketing materials and Jarrard website
- Support firm’s social media strategy and execution
- Contribute occasional blog posts to the Jarrard channels, including High Stakes, Art of Change and Kaleidoscope
- Offer occasional support to the editorial team for production and management of Jarrard content channels
- Demonstrate and nurture Jarrard Vision, Mission and Values
- Provide team mentoring in areas of expertise
- Participate in Jarrard Academy, the firm’s venue for training and development
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a copywriter with proven experience in the digital platforms referenced above
- Agency experience required; integrated agency experience preferred
- Experience within healthcare industry preferred
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver with ability to understand and resolve prospective client challenges/objections
- Ability to multitask, and delegate, working in a high-volume environment
- Familiarity with popular Content Management Systems (i.e. WordPress) and a basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of SEO, SEM, Social Media and Google Analytics
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Adaptable; able to quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Excellent organization and time management skills
What you can expect from us:
- High stakes work that makes healthcare better
- A great, collegial workplace with understanding, innovative co-workers who care as much as you do about getting the work right
- Encouragement to ask probing questions and openness to new ideas
- Creative problem solving alongside clients who see you as a partner, not a vendor
- Investment in your growth and development via our competency-based talent development platform
- Competitive pay and benefits