Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc. is a U.S. top 10 strategic communications consulting firm for the nation’s leading healthcare providers experiencing significant change, challenge or opportunity. Jarrard has worked with more than 500 clients in 45 states and has led communications and political strategy for $60 billion in announced M&A and partnership transactions. The firm specializes in M&A, change management, issue navigation and strategic positioning, and has recently worked alongside 75-plus healthcare organizations navigating the impact of COVID.
Jarrard joined Chartis in 2020. Chartis is a comprehensive advisory and analytics services firm dedicated to the healthcare industry. With an unparalleled depth of expertise in strategic planning, operations and performance excellence, informatics and technology, and health analytics, Chartis helps leading academic medical centers, integrated delivery networks, children’s hospitals, physician enterprises and healthcare service organizations achieve transformative results.
Across both Jarrard and Chartis, we are lucky to have extraordinarily talented people working in our firm – all brought together around our unifying mission “to improve healthcare delivery”, a shared dedication to our core values, and the emphasis we place on creating an environment that enriches the experiences of our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
We are currently searching for an amazing Senior Brand Strategist. This person will help lead our Brand Strategy offering working in collaboration with our Digital + Design Group and senior practice advisors. You’ll be instrumental in helping us deliver great work that people want to engage with.
At your core, you care. You care about your work, your clients, and your teammates. You have the ability to think strategically and conceptually but are also detail oriented. You love the challenge of working with a new client and turning a project into a lasting partnership. You are someone who enjoys being challenged and challenging others.
- You are deeply interested in consumer behavior, trends and design. Bonus points for healthcare experience
- You are an expert at brand strategy, brand positioning and communication frameworks
- You have extensive experience with consumer and cultural research—and can translate insights to actionable brand implications
- You have a framework for, and can provide guidance on, brand naming and storytelling across all touchpoints, including digital and printed materials, to ensure that it aligns with strategy
- You can identify opportunities for a brand’s core identity and provide input on its semiotics and design that connect back to the strategic vision
- You can win inbound business and help the team deliver on the client’s objectives within budget and timeframe
- You love partnering with clients as their trusted advisor and advocate for the work
- You can successfully guide work from start to finish, collaborating closely with creatives and team advisors, ensuring client buy-in and approval along the way
- You are a skilled presenter with the ability to build effective client presentations
- You thrive in facilitating client meetings and workshops, from workshop design to content
- You understand the nuances of working with businesses at various stages of growth and what it takes to bring brands to life in a range of budgets and organization styles
- You are self-motivated, self-directed and ambitious
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Current title includes the word “Strategy” or “Strategist” at a Senior or Director level
- Approximately 11 years total experience, with the majority of those years spent in brand strategy within a design or branding agency
- Expertise in formal brand strategy frameworks, brand platforms, brand architecture, brand positioning, naming and communication frameworks
- Proven experience in all areas of consumer research including qualitative, quantitative and equity research, competitive and market research and cultural analytics
- Skilled in designing and facilitating workshops and brand audits
- Ninja-like ability to solve complicated branding problems
- Excellent client-facing presentation skills
- Innate ability for brand storytelling and the ability to connect messaging with a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Passion for building brands for health systems and services at the forefront of change
What you can expect from us:
- High stakes, rewarding work that makes healthcare better
- A collegial and inclusive workplace with understanding co-workers who care as much as you do about getting the work right
- Encouragement to ask probing questions and openness to new ideas
- Creative problem solving alongside clients who see you as a partner, not a vendor
- Investment in your growth and development via our competency-based talent development platform
- Competitive pay and benefits
At Chartis, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives the provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.