Sounds like serious work – and it is – but we have a lot of fun making it all happen. And we work in a barn.
Our design team helps bring the smart and strategic thinking of our firm and our clients to life through digital and print media. The work is typically fast-paced and ranges from quick-turn crises to longer-term branding and marketing executions.
Did I mention we work in a barn?
We’re seeking a graphic/motion/web designer with 3-5 (or more) years of experience to provide creative services to our clients in support of their campaign initiatives and to support our firm’s internal branding and business development efforts.
Oh yeah, the barn thing… Our office is a beautiful historic horse barn conversion in the heart of Maryland Farms and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve been named one of Nashville’s “Best Places to Work” five years in a row.
You love typography and nerd out over animation. When crafting a client’s website and motion graphics, you make Illustrator, AfterEffects and WordPress sing. You also know your way around InDesign and Photoshop. You are the next step in the evolution of a designer.
As a Senior Graphic Designer at Jarrard Inc., you’ll be responsible for designing everything under the sun. We’re talking motion, digital, web, print, identity — the works. While the majority of the work involves designing and building client motion graphics & animation, you’ll also be asked to set up and work on WordPress websites and handle other print and digital design executions. This is a highly collaborative role with a team that is looking to add a family member. We take this last part seriously.
- Collaborate with creative and client teams on strategic/branding projects. Extra points for video production/editing capabilities.
- You might have some kind of Graphic Design degree, but a strong portfolio and a solid personality matter most.
- Three or more years of experience as a motion designer, animator, website designer/developer or graphic designer with solid skills in the previously mentioned areas.
- You live in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & AfterEffects especially) and comfortable using Mac OS. Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite is required.
- You can buy a domain name, point it at a hosting server and set up a WordPress site in your sleep.
- You have a keen eye for typography, composition and familiarity with current design trends and best practices in digital.
- Critical thinking and a positive attitude are required – check your ego at the door.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively to meet very short turnaround times while juggling multiple projects and maintaining perfectionist-level attention to detail.
- Portfolio site showcasing motion, web and layout skills and technical expertise for digital and print. Please submit a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.
The Fine Print
- This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm). We offer very competitive compensation, and a bonus and benefits package, based on experience.
- Fantastic professional development options and an annual retreat.
- Because we work in a professional healthcare environment, business casual attire is required except for Fridays, which are casual.
- One of our core values is “Celebrate the Wins” and our firm wins a lot. Wine Club happens monthly and spontaneous happy hours are common.