Jarrard, Phillips, Cate & Hancock is proud to serve the healthcare industry exclusively, with a mission to make healthcare better. We’re a strategic communications consulting firm devoted to helping healthcare leaders succeed in high-stakes moments. We have helped leaders in more than 400 healthcare organizations across the country tackle the hard stuff.
Our firm is skilled in serving the unique needs and challenges of industry segments which include large, national health systems, regional & community health systems, academic medical centers, as well as emerging health services companies.
Jarrard is actively recruiting a Senior Managing Advisor for our Health Services practice, to help emerging and established health services companies position themselves successfully in a competitive and fragmented marketplace. The work requires experience in marketing strategy/planning, brand development and creative writing, as well as a strong communications foundation. Solid project-management experience will be helpful in meeting client deadlines and delivering on our high standards. This position is based in our Brentwood, TN, location.
The Senior Managing Advisor will drive the day-to-day work of their clients, managing and advancing the work, while assuring quality and timely deliverables. The SMA will also have the opportunity to supervise other team members.
In some instances, the Senior Managing Advisor will lead the client entirely, with guidance from a Vice President. At other times, the SMA will serve as the “right hand person” to the practice leadership on complex clients, spearheading the execution of program tactics and the development of materials.
- Serve as the “right hand person” to the practice leadership (VP or Practice lead), spearheading the execution of program tactics and the hands-on development of program materials (driving the day-to-day strategy and execution of project work)
- Lead clients when appropriate to realize full potential (meeting project objectives, on time/quality work)
- Lead communication process with clients to ensure team gets information it needs, and client is satisfied as work progresses
- Develop client strategy and program plan, against objectives and strategies of clients
- Actively explore opportunities to grow existing clients
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement within the team
- Daily team advising and supervision
- Daily client reporting/communications/counsel
- Create/review/edit work delivered to client, ensuring the work is ‘client ready’
- Monthly/weekly staff planning/tracking including timely communications to supervisors, including budgets
- Maintain quality, on-time deliverables within budget
- Implement program measurement tools
- Executing other tasks as assigned/needed
- Participate in new business development and pitches, as appropriate
- In collaboration with Practice leadership, contribute to pitch strategy and proposal development for targeted opportunities
- Ensure appropriate colleagues are brought into organic growth opportunities
- Capture and transfer best practices in key client management
- Actively participate in appropriate firm management meetings and/or discussions
- Demonstrate and nurture Jarrard Vision, Mission and Values
- Team mentoring and professional development
- Provide guide career development to direct reports
- Ensure teams are adept at all firm high-value services
- Help agency recruit and retain the best people
- Participate in Jarrard Academy, the firm’s professional development program
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus)
- 5-7 years of experience, with a strong emphasis of experience within healthcare industry
- Preferred backgrounds include Manager or Director of Marketing within a healthcare company, communications firm experience, and/or health services companies
- Strong written and oral strategic communications