Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Company Description: Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock is proud to serve the healthcare industry, with a mission to make healthcare better. Ranked a top 10 firm nationally, our strategic communications consulting firm is devoted to helping healthcare leaders in the provider space succeed in high-stakes moments. We’ve helped leaders in more than 600 healthcare organizations across the country tackle the hard stuff – crisis, M&A, systemic change, strategic positioning for growth and more.
Our firm is skilled in serving the unique needs and challenges of industry segments which include large, national health systems and academic medical centers, regional and community health systems and groundbreaking health services companies.
We have enjoyed year-over-year growth since our launch in 2006, and in late 2020, we expanded our capabilities by joining The Chartis Group, one of the nation’s leading healthcare advisory and analytics firms. As we continue to expand our team and our presence in the industry, we’re on the hunt for a Vice President of Business Development to help guide our growth efforts over the years to come.
Job Summary: The VP, Business Development is integral to the growth and development of Jarrard Inc.’s practices and service lines. They must be skilled at leveraging the firm’s brand/reputation, building relationships with key executives and professionally generating and pursuing potential business leads.
This position works closely with leaders of the firm and of each practice, which requires excellent communication skills and relationship development capabilities. The VP, Business Development coordinates the firm’s business development efforts – both the proactive pursuit of new business and supporting the organic development work of our practice teams. The position also works closely with other leads on the Growth Services Team: the CDO, VP of Visibility & Content and the Marketing Director to set the overall sales/marketing strategy for the firm.
- Coordinate the firm’s business development efforts – both the proactive pursuit of new business and supporting the organic development work of our practice teams
- Become a subject matter expert on our business model, services, approach to the work we do, processes, and remain current on industry news
- Partner with practice team leadership to build and execute proactive business development plans to help each practice reach their growth goals
- Open doors to new prospective client decision makers (typically the C-suite leaders of hospitals, health systems and other healthcare provider companies)
- Represent the firm at conferences and events
- Build and nurture referral network of complementary partners, such as other consultants, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity firms, etc.
- Manage the sales pipeline, which is currently tracked in HubSpot
- Help set strategy for firm’s overall marketing in close partnership with our VP of Visibility & Content and our Director of Marketing & Data Analytics; oversee execution.
- Collaborate with other colleagues within the Growth Services Team to meet the firm’s strategic goals
- Manage RFP response process and partner with client teams to create winning proposals and pitches for current and prospective clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders, in partnership with the CDO
- Manage a direct report – Director/Marketing & Data Analytic
What it takes to be successful:
- Highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Executive presence with ability to interact well with senior leadership
- Exceptional client service attitude and demeanor for internal and external stakeholders
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in lead generation – marketing, referrals and networking, proposal development and other proven lead generation methods
- Healthcare provider experience and familiarity with the decision makers of healthcare provider organizations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while being a part of a team
- Collaborative nature to effectively partner with practice leaders and Growth Services colleagues
- Regular travel (when that is possible again) to meet with prospects and attend conferences
- Effective listener and storyteller – both key to relationship building and consultative selling
- Problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose solutions for clients
- Assertive personality, not afraid to cold call
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of business experience, minimum of 5 years in a sales role; experience with a professional services firm is desired as it’s a unique perspective that understands that what we are selling is the expertise and counsel of our colleagues
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales in healthcare
- Preference for this role to be based in Nashville, TN
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiarity with pipeline management software (preferably with Hubspot)
What you can expect at Jarrard:
- High-stakes work that makes healthcare better
- A highly collaborative, inclusive workplace with understanding and innovative co-workers who care as much as you do about making a difference in healthcare and in the lives of our colleagues
- Flexible work from home and office model – as we return to our offices, we are adopting a hybrid approach with two days in the office and the others at your discretion based on the day’s meetings and needs
- Encouragement to ask probing questions and openness to new ideas
- Creative problem solving alongside clients who see you as a partner, not a vendor
- Investment in your growth and development via our competency-based talent development platform
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Off-site retreats, Monthly Wine Club and someone always up for Celebrating the Wins
At Jarrard, we pride ourselves on building a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives the provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Jarrard Inc. is a division of The Chartis Group.