Join Our Team
Ranked a U.S. top 10 firm, we guide the nation’s leading healthcare providers in the midst of relentless change, transformation and opportunity.
For more than 10 years, our advisors have developed what is now a nationally-known and sought after “brand” of communications & engagement strategies.
We’re proud to rank among America’s top 10 healthcare communications firms and Nashville’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our sharp, collaborative, get-it-done team works hard for our clients. And we know how to celebrate wins.
From firm retreats to our own professional development program, it’s all about learning as a team to accomplish great things for healthcare.
Seeking Vice President
Qualified candidates must::
- Have public affairs firm, consulting firm and/or public relations firm experience at a senior level
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about hospitals and health systems
Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock is the country’s premiere strategic communications and consulting firm for the people and organizations who deliver America’s healthcare.
We are an experienced team of advisors serving the senior leaders of hospitals, health systems and healthcare provider organizations who are steering their organizations through a time of relentless change, deep transformation and great opportunity.
We are actively on the lookout for new talent that is available to join our team now. If you’re interested in an exploratory conversation, send us your resume and a note about yourself. We are interested in veteran communications consultants who want to join our team of skilled healthcare communications executives, political campaign managers, journalists, consultants and public relations specialists who serve clients throughout the U.S. from our offices in Nashville and Chicago.
Our firm, ranked among the top 10 healthcare public relations firms in the U.S., is founded on our belief in the power of communications and engagement to make healthcare stronger. We work every day to help make healthcare better. There’s more about us at www.jarrardinc.com.
Who We Want
Senior counselors. Passionate, focused, strategic thinkers. Healthcare industry savvy. Well-rounded team and client leaders with strategic communications experience.
If you have proven client service success at a firm and are now ready to take on a new challenge and elevate your own professional development and leadership experience opportunities, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking to hire a Vice President who has proven ability to lead teams of professionals and manage client relationships. This position reports to the National Practice Lead working with major healthcare systems, national providers and academic medical centers.
In addition to the above requirements, we are looking for you to add a mix of the following:
- Direct, relevant experience guiding hospitals, health systems or healthcare provider companies either in-house, through firms/agencies, associations or in government
- Ability to provide both strategic counsel to c-suite executives and hands-on execution on an array of communication and engagement campaign tactics
- Lead multiple practice accounts to realize full potential, including the ability to craft, sell and lead strategic communications and engagement efforts
- Establish and lead relationships with clients to ensure team succeeds and excels at providing a positive client experience
- Oversee assigned account strategies, plans and budgets
- Skilled at motivating and leading both clients and internal teams – help professionally develop other firm team members
- Problem solver and solution-oriented
- Encompass strong:
- Written, personal and formal communication skills
- Ability to participate in and lead board- and C-suite-level strategic discussions
- Work ethic
- Desire to be an integral part of a high-energy team
- Willingness to learn and adapt; desire to grow professionally
- Able to organically grow our client relationships and build business through great work and through development and pitching of new business in collaboration with the National Practice Lead and the head of business development
- Eager to be part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial firm
- Based in our Nashville office – and able to travel throughout the U.S.
- Self-starter and self-leader
- Able to simultaneously lead and assist teams and clients on multiple assignments – and stay calm under fire
- Unquestioned integrity, professional honesty and work ethic
- Self-aware; no cowboys, self-important jerks or egomaniacs
- Self-effacing humor; appreciation for the work-life balance that keeps us all sane
Contact: Send resumes to email@example.com.
We are seeking recent college graduates interested in a full-time internship with one of the nation’s fastest-growing and top-ranked healthcare strategic communications and engagement firms. Qualified candidates will be recent college graduates pursuing a career in public relations, journalism, politics, or business or healthcare communications. Qualified candidates must write well, present well, demonstrate professionalism, happily perform unfortunately mundane tasks, and work well in a high-stakes campaign environment with our eclectic team. Candidates who are eager to learn, have an interest in the healthcare industry and have a thirst to contribute instead of observe are encouraged to apply. All internships are paid and the position is for our location in Brentwood, Tennessee. We accept interns for the spring, summer and fall.
Summer applications: March 15
Fall applications: July 1
Spring applications: November 1
To apply for a Nashville or Chicago internship, send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Taylor Standford at firstname.lastname@example.org.