Join Our Team
Ranked a U.S. top 10 firm, we guide the nation’s leading healthcare providers in the midst of relentless change, transformation and opportunity.
For more than 10 years, our advisors have developed what is now a nationally-known and sought after “brand” of communications & engagement strategies.
We are a collection of high-spirited, opinionated, talented, experienced, Type-A, get-it-done professionals who band together to accomplish things for clients facing extraordinary challenges.
We work hard, sometimes very hard. But we also nurture a professional culture that is collegial, open, supportive, profitable, trusting, and – dare we say – fun.
Seeking Senior Healthcare PR / Communications Executives
Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock is the country’s premiere strategic communications and engagement firm for the people and organizations who deliver America’s healthcare.
We are a team of advisors serving the senior leaders of hospitals, health systems and healthcare providers who are steering their organizations through a time of relentless change, deep transformation and great opportunity.
While we aren’t always actively hiring, we are always actively on the lookout for new talent that could join us now or later. If you’re open to an exploratory conversation, send us your resume and a note about yourself. We are interested in veteran advisors who want to join our team of experienced healthcare public relations and communications executives, political campaign managers and journalists who serve clients throughout the U.S. from our offices in Nashville and Chicago.
Our firm, ranked among the top 15 healthcare public relations firms in the U.S., is founded on our belief in the power of communications and engagement to make healthcare stronger. There’s more about us at www.jarrardinc.com.
Who We Want
Senior counselors. Passionate, focused, strategic thinkers. Healthcare industry savvy. Writers. Team and client leaders with strategic communications experience.
If you have proven client service success at a firm and are now ready to take on a new challenge and elevate your own professional development and leadership experience opportunities, we want to hear from you.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have public relations/public affairs firm and/or consulting firm experience at a mid-to-senior level.
- Be passionate about healthcare
In addition to the above requirement, we are looking for you to add a mix of the following:
- 7+ years of direct, relevant experience working with hospitals, health systems or healthcare provider companies either in-house, through agencies or in government
- Ability to provide both strategic counsel and hands-on execution on an array of communication campaign tactics
- Skilled at motivating leadership teams and those who support them
- Mastery of developing and executing communications and engagement campaigns
- Problem solver and solution-oriented
- Encompass strong:
- Written, personal and formal communication skills
- Ability to participate in board- and C-suite-level discussions
- Work ethic
- Desire to be an integral part of a high-energy team
- Willingness to learn and adapt; desire to grow professionally
- Able to organically grow our client relationships and build business through great work
- Eager to be part of a team and part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial firm
- Based in the Nashville or Chicago office, able to travel throughout the U.S., and committed to helping our clients win by reaching their goals
- Self-starter and self-leader
- Able to simultaneously lead and assist teams and clients on multiple assignments – and able to travel throughout the U.S.
- Unquestioned integrity, professional honesty and work ethic
- Self-aware; no cowboys, self-important jerks or egomaniacs
- Self-effacing humor; appreciation for the work-life balance that keeps us all sane
Contact: Send resumes and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking recent college graduates interested in a full-time internship with one of the nation’s fastest-growing and top-ranked healthcare strategic communications and engagement firms. Qualified candidates will be recent college graduates pursuing a career in public relations, journalism, politics, or business or healthcare communications. Qualified candidates must write well, present well, demonstrate professionalism, happily perform unfortunately mundane tasks, and work well in a high-stakes campaign environment with our eclectic team. Candidates who are eager to learn, have an interest in the healthcare industry and have a thirst to contribute instead of observe are encouraged to apply. All internships are paid and the position is for our location in Brentwood, Tennessee. We accept interns for the spring, summer and fall.
Summer applications: March 15
Fall applications: July 1
Spring applications: November 1
To apply, send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Aileen Bennett at email@example.com.