The role of the Advisor is a foundational role to the firm and our client teams, as the Advisors serve on multiple client teams as the internal teams’ go-to person, responsible for day-to-day implementation of client work.
Jarrard, Inc. is a specialized healthcare consulting firm devoted to helping leaders during high-stakes moments of change, challenge and opportunity. We use the power of communications, marketing and political strategy to help our clients achieve their most important goals.
The firm has worked with more than 600 clients in 46 states and specializes in change management, issue & advocacy and strategic positioning.
Jarrard joined Chartis, a comprehensive advisory firm dedicated to the healthcare industry, in 2020. With an unparalleled depth of expertise in strategic planning, operations and performance excellence, informatics and technology, and health analytics, Chartis helps leading academic medical centers, integrated delivery networks, children’s hospitals, physician enterprises and healthcare service organizations achieve transformative results.
Across both Jarrard and Chartis, we are lucky to have extraordinarily talented people working in our firm – all brought together around our unifying mission “to improve healthcare delivery”, a shared dedication to our core values, and the emphasis we place on creating an environment that enriches the experiences of our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- Develop initial drafts and driving the editing process of client materials
- Edit materials of other team members, as appropriate
- Conduct media pitching, outreach and monitoring
- Draft weekly/monthly results reports
- Weekly self-planning and time management
- Logistics and tactical implementation of projects
- Research in support of client projects and/or their business
- Gain an increasingly sophisticated understanding of industry and competitor issues and trends relevant to client markets, the healthcare industry and service category
- Offer proactive, value-added suggestions to enhance client work (i.e.: asking the right questions, managing up to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner, etc.)
- Timely reporting to manager, colleagues, team leads
- Implement other tasks as assigned by manager or team lead
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree; communications, public relations, journalism or political science focus is beneficial
- Deliver work on-time to achieve client commitments
- Demonstrate strategic thinking that leads to quality deliverables and program implementation
- Effectively plan and manage their own time well as well as for their teams
- Be a team player, with natural collegiality and desire for collaboration
- Seek out growth opportunities with curiosity and passion
- Come in hungry to learn and contribute
- Be adept at managing multiple priorities and switching gears throughout the day
- Embraces the Jarrard Vision, Mission and Values
- Will consider candidates for the Associate Advisor and Senior Advisor position dependent on prior experience
What you can expect from us
- High-stakes work that makes healthcare better
- A collegial and inclusive workplace with understanding co-workers who care as much as you do about getting the work right
- Encouragement to ask probing questions and openness to new ideas
- Creative problem solving alongside clients who see you as a partner, not a vendor
- Investment in your growth and development via our competency-based talent development platform
Salary range: $55,000-$60,000, plus may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications, practice area, and other business and organizational needs. In addition, Jarrard offers several benefits including medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid time off, wellness stipend, and additional voluntary benefits.
At Jarrard and Chartis, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives the provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.