Today’s difficult healthcare landscape means not-for-profit hospitals and health systems are relying on donor dollars more than ever. But without a savvy digital strategy, you could be missing out on much-needed support.
Is your development plan leaving money on the table?
Whether you’re a small community hospital or a national health system, the best way to take your fundraising game from good to great is by meeting people where they are and harnessing the unlimited potential the internet offers.
Research shows the bulk of small-dollar donations are made online, with an average gift amount of $177. And while the average age of all charitable donors is 64, the number of younger donors is increasing rapidly, with 84 percent of millennials giving to charity each year and overwhelmingly preferring to make their gifts online or via their mobile device.
Today’s donors aren’t waiting for you to send them a nickel in the mail — they’re online, and your story should be at their fingertips. Simply repackaging your direct mail piece into an email just won’t cut it anymore. Development officers need a dedicated approach that engages their audience and builds a compelling case for support.
Here are five steps you can take right now to level up your digital game.
- Sign up for Google Ad Grant and receive $10,000 each month for online advertising.
- Make sure your giving pages are accessible and easy to find on your organization’s website.
- Promote grateful patient stories on your social media channels and include a giving link.
- Add a donate button to the footer of all your emails.
- Explore online crowdfunding and peer-to-peer campaign platforms, which offer community members an easy way to create their own fundraisers for areas and programs they care about.
After all, the right strategy at the right time can help you:
- Reach new audiences and build your donor pipeline
- Engage existing donors in new, compelling ways
- Grow your reach more cost-effectively than direct mail or paid acquisition
The competition for prospective donors’ attention is fierce, and the best fundraisers are building sustainable, holistic strategies that reach them through multiple channels. Take stock of your fundraising plans and make sure you’re keeping up with the times.
Know that Jarrard’s experienced team of healthcare fundraising and digital marketing experts stands ready to help build a customized digital strategy that will amplify your reach, bring your story to new eyes and attract the next generation of donors. Reach out using the form below and let’s get started.