Anne Hancock Toomey has been named President of Jarrard Inc., one of the nation’s leading strategic healthcare communications consultancies and a division of Chartis, officials announced today.
Jarrard is proud to serve the healthcare industry, with a mission to make healthcare better. We’re a strategic communications consulting firm devoted to helping healthcare leaders in the provider space succeed in high-stakes moments – such as the one we’re living through now – having helped leaders in more than 600 healthcare organizations across the country tackle the toughest challenges and transform their organizations.
Our firm is skilled in serving the unique needs and challenges of industry segments which include large, national health systems and academic medical centers, regional and community health systems and groundbreaking health services companies.
We are actively recruiting a Vice President of Digital Marketing to oversee all things digital within the firm. We have a growing digital team who has helped our firm and clients recognize and realize the key role that digital plays in their growth goals and reputation management – and we are seeking a leader for this team to capitalize on this momentum and identify even more potential for our firm and clients alike.
Responsibilities include exploring digital opportunities through business development with new clients; leveraging existing client relationships to drive business development; identifying opportunities within existing client engagements to enhance or bolster efforts using digital platforms, tools, tactics, and insights; and furthering the firm’s existing digital content/thought leadership footprint.
- Advance a digital vision and drive the execution of that vision for goal-oriented results for both internal work within the firm and client projects.
- Act as an inspiring leader for technology-enabled business opportunities that are complementary to the current firm focus and service lines.
- Establish functional goals, objectives, and operating procedures/deployments for digital projects and teamwork.
- Plan, develop, deploy, and integrate innovative digital solutions that meet existing and future market/client needs with respect to mergers & acquisitions, patient experience, issues & crisis, change management, and strategic positioning.
- Effectively develop and communicate plans and provide consultative advice, education and guidance across all levels within the firm.
- Based on business needs, help recruit and build high performing team(s) of experienced digital advisors and resources.
- Lead the firm’s advancement of digital acumen across all levels of the internal organization.
- Work to be seen, collectively and individually, as an industry leader in the space of digital transformation. A robust existing network and relationships is a welcome value-add.
- Set the direction of digital firm promotions through thought leadership including podcasts, blog posts, benchmarking work, case studies, white papers, and participating in industry conferences.
- Educate the firm, client practices and individuals on opportunities that exist in the digital space.
- As a manager of the digital team, provide mentorship, professional development and career coaching, including 1:1s, growth plans and more.
- Serve as an inspirational manager and leader for the digital team, imparting knowledge and sharing best practices where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus)
- Approximately 15 years in relevant roles
- Preferred backgrounds include health systems/hospitals, digitally oriented professional services firms, or similar strategic consultative roles
- With offices in Chicago and Nashville, this position is offered in either location or can be remote
- Proven expertise in digital and social platforms, technological vendor platforms (selection and implementation on behalf of the firm and our clients), new business acumen
- Exhibit a real passion for all things technology and digital – demonstrated knowledge, expertise and appetite to learn as the digital landscape evolves
What you can expect from us
- High stakes work that makes healthcare better
- An inclusive and collegial workplace with understanding, innovative co-workers who care as much as you do about getting the work right
- Encouragement to ask probing questions and openness to new ideas
- Creative problem solving alongside clients who see you as a partner, not a vendor
- Investment in your growth and development via our competency-based talent development platform
- Competitive pay and benefits
At Jarrard, we pride ourselves on building a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives the provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. Jarrard is a member of Chartis.