The National and Academic health system practice is seeking a Senior Manager Advisor (SMA) to help lead key client projects with the nation’s most prominent healthcare brands. The work requires a strong communications foundation, excellent writing skills and demonstrated project management experience. This role is also essential in guiding internal teams to meet our clients’ needs in high-stakes moments of change, challenge and opportunity.
Jarrard is proud to serve the healthcare industry, with a mission to make healthcare better. We’re a strategic communications consulting firm devoted to helping healthcare leaders in the provider space succeed in high-stakes moments – such as the one we’re living through now – having helped leaders in more than 600 healthcare organizations across the country tackle the toughest challenges and transform their organizations.
Our firm is skilled in serving the unique needs and challenges of industry segments which include large, national health systems and academic medical centers, regional and community health systems and groundbreaking health services companies.
The National and Academic health system practice is seeking a Senior Manager Advisor (SMA) to help lead key client projects with the nation’s most prominent healthcare brands. The work requires a strong communications foundation, excellent writing skills and demonstrated project management experience. This role is also essential in guiding internal teams to meet our clients’ needs in high-stakes moments of change, challenge and opportunity. Particular areas of expertise we are currently seeking include any combination of provider expertise (former physician practice lead or clinical department administrator), organizational design, change management and health equity.
In some instances, the SMA will lead the client entirely, with guidance from a Vice President/Practice lead. At other times, the SMA will partner with practice leadership on complex clients, spearheading the execution of program tactics and the development of materials. At all times, the SMA will drive the day-to-day work for clients while assuring high quality and a collaborative team environment.
What you can expect from us
- High-stakes work that makes healthcare better
- An inclusive workplace with understanding, innovative co-workers who care as much as you do about getting the work right
- Encouragement to ask probing questions and openness to new ideas
- Creative problem solving alongside clients who see you as a partner, not a vendor
- Investment in your growth and development via our competency-based talent development platform
- Competitive pay and benefits
At Jarrard, we pride ourselves on building a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives the provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus)
- Preferred backgrounds include 5-7 years within a healthcare-focused firm or a former team member with demonstrated leadership in a healthcare organization
- With offices in Chicago and Nashville, this position is offered in either location; remote location is an option as well
- Proven expertise in working within the healthcare provider space (former physician practice lead or clinical department administrator), organizational design, change management and/or health equity.
- Partner with client leader (VP or Practice lead) to drive the execution of program tactics and the hands-on development of program materials, leading the day-to-day strategy and execution of project work
- Develop client strategy and program plan against objectives and strategies of the client
- Lead clients to realize full potential, meeting all project objectives on time with the highest quality work
- Lead communications and client partnership to ensure steady flow of information and client satisfaction
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships, helping to resolve issues that may arise
- Present key client updates and plans confidently to internal leadership and clients
- Create and review work, ensuring the work is client-ready
- Actively explore opportunities to organically grow existing client relationships
Internal Client Team Management
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement within the team
- Daily team advising and supervision
- Monthly/weekly staff planning/tracking including timely communications to internal leaders
- Grow current client business by identifying additional needs we can serve well
- Participate in new business development and pitches, as appropriate
- In collaboration with Practice leadership, contribute to pitch strategy and proposal development for targeted opportunities
- Ensure appropriate colleagues are brought into organic growth opportunities
- Demonstrate and nurture Jarrard Vision, Mission and Values
- Provide team mentoring and professional development, including career development for teammates
- Help recruit and retain the best people
- Participate in Jarrard Academy, the firm’s venue for training and development