Firm continues record growth as healthcare provider organizations start accelerating strategic change.
National healthcare communications consultancy Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc., added seven staff members in recent months, bringing total team growth to 15 percent for 2021, announced firm President and CEO David Jarrard.
The additions, combined with rapid demand for the firm’s strategic positioning and change management work, represent an exciting shift as hospitals, health systems and health services companies begin long-term planning for a post-pandemic era.
“Though the omicron variant continues to strain our healthcare system, we are seeing provider organizations desiring to adjust to the emerging reshaped landscape,” Jarrard said.
That means digging into reputational analysis, workforce engagement, nurse recruitment and retention efforts and broader strategic positioning.
With a healthcare workforce at the breaking point and the stunning financial challenges exacerbated by the past two years, savvy leaders recognize that their organizations must make significant adjustments going forward. It’s a process, Jarrard said, that requires clear communications to bring all stakeholders – employees, patients, the public, lawmakers and regulators – together in support of difficult–but–necessary change.
“We’re proud to have stood with so many provider organizations throughout pandemic crisis and to now work with them to craft the messages they need to highlight and fulfill their mission. Our new team members each bring a unique perspective and expertise to that work, allowing us to support our clients in ever-better ways.”
Featured among the new hires is Associate Vice President Katy Shorkey, an expert in branding, messaging and culture development who resides in the firm’s Health Services Practice. Shorkey is the former director of marketing and engagement at Chicago-based Legacy Healthcare where she oversaw marketing and engagement. Prior to her time at Legacy, Shorkey worked in marketing at Cleveland Clinic Akron General.
In addition to Shorkey, new hires include:
- Allyson Carr, senior managing advisor in the Health Services Practice. Carr joined the firm from Renewal Rehab in Chicago, where she served as director of rehabilitation for the physical therapy practice.
- Meghan McCarthy, senior managing advisor, Digital Services Practice. McCarthy most recently worked at Hyatt Hotels, where she managed digital strategies for the hospitality chain.
- Madison Allen, advisor, Health Services Practice. Allen previously worked in operations at Calvert Street Group, a Nashville-based public affairs firm.
- Rachel Jones, advisor, Regional Practice. Prior to joining Jarrard Inc., Jones served at Tennessee Department of Children’s Services where she was involved in event management and campaign development.
- Alyssa Pullin, advisor, Health Services Practice. Pullin previously worked as communications manager for Youth & Family Counseling, a Chicago-based mental healthcare organization.
- Eva Herron, associate advisor, Regional Practice. Herron joined Jarrard Inc. following her role as a customer service specialist at HealthStream in Nashville.
About Jarrard Inc.
With offices in Nashville, Tenn. and Chicago, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc. is a U.S. Top 10 strategic communications consulting firm for the nation’s leading healthcare providers experiencing significant change, challenge or opportunity. Founded in 2006, the firm has worked with more than 500 clients in over 40 states and served as a communications advisor on more than $60 billion in announced M&A and partnership transaction communications. The firm specializes in M&A, change management, issue navigation and strategic positioning. Jarrard Inc. is a division of The Chartis Group, one of the nation’s leading healthcare advisory and analytics firms.
For more information, visit jarrardinc.com or follow us @JarrardInc.